Five minutes, any day. Spent writing—something anything not for anyone anything no edits no outlines no plans no correction, this is where it goes.enjoy.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thoughts

Quotes have always struck me as a quasi-hilarious thing.  I mean, it's my opinion stated by someone else.  I could possibly have done it as elegantly, but just because someone else said it, it suddenly holds more weight in papers, projects, conversation and speeches.  Two people see the same way.  The opinion goes from being moot to being the more memorable part of the entire exchange.

There are some things I just don't get, you know?  Like quotes.  Also I don't get why people say "Tell me about it".  I just did, didn't I?

I was reading a Calvin and Hobbes at my Grandmother's house the other day.  It was talking about the absurd and how if we couldn't be amused at the absurd how it might not be possible for us to react to certain things at all.

I wonder how God feels about the absurd?

I mean, He created everything with a purpose.  But He also likes to have fun.  He likes jokes.  He likes playfulness. I wonder how He sees the absurd things we laugh at.

Do we laugh because we do not understand?

Perhaps if we sought to understand before mockery, the world might be a better place.

But then again, maybe not.

Hmmm.

STOP

Here's the comic I was talking about:
Interesting, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Half of the Calvin and Hobbes comics will do that to you. The other half just crack you up.

    One that keeps me thinking a lot is "The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present." That one means a lot to me just because of all the things I say I'll do later, and then later becomes now, and then now becomes then, and the things I was going to do don't get done. I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. Gotta love Calvin and Hobbes :3

    ReplyDelete