Five minutes, any day. Spent writing—something anything not for anyone anything no edits no outlines no plans no correction, this is where it goes.enjoy.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

It isn't like that, please

It's not like I'm deaf.
It's not like you're mute.

It's not like I don't see you.
It's not like you can't look me in the eye.

It's not like I enjoy having you shut out.
It's not like you're opening the door again.

It's not like I can't tell when you're lying to me.
It's not like you try to keep your lies from me.

It's not like I won't forgive you.
It's not like you have to fear my tears.

It's not like I love to see your pain.
It's not like you have to hide it from me, either.

It's not like I don't care.
It's not like you can't trust me.

It's not like I don't love you.
It's not like that.
It's not.

I'm so sorry I haven't been what I could be, but I'm trying so, so hard.
I'm trying.

It's not like you can't try too.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I know right? Pretty depressing.

    So often the hurting person doesn't realize that the people closest to her have been standing with open arms the entire time the tears have been streaming down her face, just waiting for her to ask for help, to even look up and see them there.

    It hurts to watch others in so much pain when you just want to help.

    ... Yep, that's where this came from. XD Maybe someday soon I'll write something happier than what I have been.

    ReplyDelete