Five minutes, any day. Spent writing—something anything not for anyone anything no edits no outlines no plans no correction, this is where it goes.enjoy.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

We Are Not At Home

Get over it.

They're words I need to tell myself sometimes.  The homework is taking too long.  Mom's food isn't really that good tonight.  The project didn't turn out.  The words failed.  The computer deleted it.  My clothes were super cute but they don't match this jacket.

Get over it.  It has to be done.  Eaten.  Acceptable.  Worked on.  Restarted.  Worn.

Who really cares, self?  You got a 92 when someone else got a 98.  The curve gives you 100, but you're still unsatisfied.  Now someone has 106.  So what?  Study harder next time-- or just accept it.  You're doing great anyhow.

Some bigger things, I can't tell myself to just get over.  Life spiraling out of control.  Things going crazy.  Stress, stress, stress.  Tears eternal.  But that's just when I have to remind myself.

We are not at home.

We're just not.  We don't belong here.  So get over the little things, and let the big things remind you... you don't belong.

You were created for so.much.more.

Whyever settle for dirt when you can have gold?

Why settle for now when you can have eternity?

STOP

Also.  I got a new theme.  Like it?  Yes?  No?
I do. :3  Sunshine yellow.  Lemon poppyseed cake yellow.  It's a yummy warm theme.

2 comments:

  1. LIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE. It made me happy when I saw it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm glad. I was perusing Tcbotb without any intentions of getting a new background, but I saw this and I was like, "ZOMG WANT." And I found a new one for Parenthetically, too. This pleased me. :3

    ReplyDelete