Five minutes, any day. Spent writing—something anything not for anyone anything no edits no outlines no plans no correction, this is where it goes.enjoy.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Funny How We Forget


This moment is joining my past.
I stand in the hall during my senior year, surrounded by classmates and teachers and friends and acquaintances, chatting and waiting for physics class to end, and I realize…
this is possibly the last time
i will ever stand in these halls like this again.
this is the only time
that I will stand,
just as I am,
with these people
and these thoughts
and these feelings
for the first time
the only time
ever
And the moments join the past, and they live on for a while before fading slowly to black
And though I will come to that hall so many more times this year, and be surrounded by classmates and teachers and friends and acquaintances, chatting and waiting, it will never be the same instant, the same thoughts, the novelty and sadness and apathy and detachment and sorrow and memory that it did that day
never again
It is past, now.
it will be forgotten, now.
There is so much to look forward to, but yet so little when you look back!

No comments:

Post a Comment