Five minutes, any day. Spent writing—something anything not for anyone anything no edits no outlines no plans no correction, this is where it goes.enjoy.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"The world Is mine And everything In it"

A legacy.
I heard at Summit Ministries Leadership Conference that if you can google your name, and no one is hating on you or criticizing you, you are not making a difference.

I can google my name and all that comes up is random stuff about my step-aunt, who has the same name as I do almost.  My pen name has more results but none of anyone talking about me... just my profiles on my usual haunts.

But I want to be able to look myself up and find that I am making a difference, someday.

I want to be able to look back and say that people know who I am.  Not because of who I am, but the kind of light I was able to be, in Christ, through Christ.  Surrendered to Him.

I don't want to die and be remembered in passing and then forgotten.
I want to die leaving a legacy, a monument to the awesome power of God in my life, an image of His glory and splendour and incredible majesty.  I want to be able to have people look at my name and say, "Wow.  Look what God did."

When people ask me what I'm going to do when I graduate, I bite my tongue to refrain from replying, "Why, I'm going to change the world.  You?"

But I am.


(somehow.  Even if it's just in one person's life, in one person's one day, that they will remember and cherish.)

I'm going to change the world, someday.

Are you getting ready?

What are you going to do when it's time for you to start a new chapter in your life?

Me?  I'm leaving a legacy.  I'm gonna be that controversial chick they laugh at on Yahoo!News.  And boy, oh, boy, am I excited.

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment